Thursday, February 25, 2016

A Little of This and a Little of That

Well is wasn't raining

   After a long day of very weird and wet rain yesterday, it was nice to see that rain had gone on it's merry little way. It'll be back again tomorrow for sure, but that's OK. Even a spark of sun and a break was enough to get me excited!
     Last night I painted rocks. Sound fun? I know imagine my surprise when The Girl wanted nothing to do with it! She's usually my go-to child for fun stuff like that! Anyway, yes I painted rocks, to use as markers in the garden. Like these.....


 It was quite the interesting process because...well you can tell the screw ups from the perfects que no? My art brushes are not yet unpacked, much to my continued dismay. Not that I've done anything more than look in one or two boxes to locate them either. I'm sorry why can't they just drop in my lap? Just a little suprise from the Fix-It fairy? Anyway armed with a ton of sample colors from Lowe's, Ace, and Home Depot I painted my rocks with your standard paint brushes until it came to lettering. Ugh.

After two epic fails I got creative. Yes ladies and gents these rocks were painted with skewers from the kitchen! Maybe it was the wine, it's always the wine....who says alcohol doesn't stimulate the mind? I don't know. Anyway I'm pretty pleased with the results.  


Goal number one=place amazing rock garden-markers...not to be confused with rockgarden markers lol. DONE!

Goal number two=back to spreading of the mulch
    A little bit every day and soon it will be done. This is my mantra. I repeat it constantly....over and over and over. So far I've got most of the backyard areas and the side yard done. Now its the front yard. I must say at least it ain't super ghettolishous in chain link anymore.  This is how it used to look.



Check in on my mulching progress here.
Well that's all for now!
Cheers-
Mandy





No comments:

Post a Comment