Monday, February 15, 2016

Super Seedlings...Oh How Do I Love Thee????

Welcome My Little Seedlings...Welcome  

What more can add a little spring to your step than knowing that your little veggies are on their way? It's not pouring rain outside. No, its a very strange storm today...an incredibly tumultous misting...I mean it's violent! This is the weirdest sprinkling I've ever experienced. The trees are bending in the wind..I mean big poop your pants please don't fall on my house trees...and the little tiny drops are tickling the windows. Still it must be a decent amount of water as we are under a flood watch. Good times! Wasn't spring coming?
    This morning I went to check on my seedlings hoping to see more peppers and leeks. The peppers have teased me and come out very slowly. I clicked the heating pad up one setting hoping the heat would coax them out.  
   There they are! The back two rows are sweet yummy little  peppers!! I thinned the Brandywine tomatoes and a few Green Zebras. Man they are certainly stretching up to the light! 
What about those leeks, though? There are two! What's up with those little dudes, huh? 

Now, those rhubarb plants are a whole other story! They are loving their new home. They are growing more every day. It's so cool, but I 'm already wondering when I can take them outside. This whole cool weather crop is a new thing for me. I don't want them out there too early.  They are getting a bit big though!
Rock solid Rhubarb!

 These most recent days are filled with the spreading of mulch. Mulch....mulch.....mulch....and more mulch! Spring is coming.....right?
Cheers-
Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment